Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sixteen weeks

Yesterday I went in for what I thought was an ultrasound and bloodwork. Nope. The scheduler at the office messed up and scheduled just a regular appointment for me...even though the whole point of going was to have an ultrasound and to have my cervical length measured. On Mondays they don't give ultrasounds at the location I go to...only on Tuesdays and Fridays, as it turns out. They only have one ultrasound tech who goes to a different office each day of the week. So, we scheduled the ultrasound for today. I was advised that even though I had an appointment today the wait would be about an hour. I kind of wanted to be like, why even schedule appointments if that's how it works?! But I withheld.

So, we went and saw little baby bear dancing away in my tummy! I was surprised because it literally looks like a little skeleton. See photos below:

BABY!

Facing down - faceplant sleeping, as we like to say.

The spine - pretty cool.


I go back for my 20 week appointment with ultrasound and cervical length check on September 7, however, I was just informed today that my regular doctor will be back from maternity leave around August 20, so I may try to call and get an appointment and ultrasound at whatever location she's going to around that time.

In other news, our basement is all dried up and being refinished. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm ready to make home improvements, not home repairs. 
Today my long awaited Eureka steam mop came in! A huge thanks to our cousins Peggy, Joe, and Taylor for giving us a Target gift card for our wedding anniversary or else I would not have been able to purchase this so soon!
I feel like I'm forgetting to talk about some other things, but there's really not much else to update, except that I think I have been feeling him or her move more. It's mostly in the evenings and I really enjoy it! I can't wait for Taylor to feel him or her move.

Weekly photo time. Sorry, no makeup...but I did get my hair cut and highlighted over the weekend!



How far along: 16 weeks
Trimester: Second
Total weight gain/loss: Down ten pounds.
Maternity clothes: Still haven't bought any.
Sleep: Can't complain.
Stretch marks: Still on my hips only. 
Best moment of the week: Seeing baby today!
Miss anything: Sashimi and sake.
Movement: Yes, little fluttery feelings.
Food Cravings: Nothing notable this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sure why, but recently the smell of the bathroom makes me feel nauseous. No matter how clean it is (even my own after I scrubbed it down this weekend!) or where it is it just grosses me out. I think it's the smell of water on porcelain. Ugh.
Other symptoms: Still back pain and heartburn. OH and I got my first calf cramp in YEARS last night. Gotta reintroduce bananas into my diet because that REALLY hurt.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Won't know til delivery.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out: In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Moody or not moody?: I don't think I'm moody. But you'd have to ask my husband and co-workers if they agree with that. Lol.  
Looking forward to: It's not baby related, but the Il Divo concert on Sunday with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing to see your little baby on that screen? I could have watched the ultrasound forever. I love the chalkboard by the way!

    ReplyDelete