Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Basement drama

Yes. We are having additional (worse) problems with our basement. Remember when I mentioned our basement flooded four days after moving in? It happened again over the weekend. That cap the plumber put over the sewage pipe didn't hold *nearly* as long as promised. Neither did the sewer line jetting, for that matter.
In fact, it was so bad this time we had to make the difficult heartbreaking decision to move into a hotel until everything is finally repaired. We have been unable to use the plumbing since early Sunday morning - no showers, dish washing, laundry, toilet use, etc. Talk about stressful...and expensive! Thank goodness Taylor has a lot of hotel points from traveling. I had to call in to work yesterday and today to ensure everything will be taken care of properly. Not that my husband isn't capable on his own (he is) but I felt it was important that I be there with him to shoulder the burden and make decisions. And keep him calm. It breaks my heart because we've had to leave our sweet kitty at home each night. And it REALLY angers me that our house is now a potential health hazard. Yup. You read that right. Think about it: an open sewer line in your basement is a serious cause for concern. Number one, when it overflows it dumps sewage water everywhere. At this point it's been soaked into our walls and carpet multiple times. GROSS. Number two, METHANE GAS. Don't think I need to expound on that any further. After four days of talking about this I am pretty much done.  Just ready to have everything fixed, sterilized, and face the task of hopefully having our costs repaid. There's a lot I could get into regarding this, but I am exhausted and don't want to rehash it AGAIN. So please pray for us. PLEASE. We really could use it.

The AWESOME news I have to share this week is that this baby moves SO MUCH!! It's crazy how now I feel him/her constantly. Taylor can feel too! And my coworker felt him or her one day last week. It's fun to watch people's reactions. And on that note, friends and family are fine to touch, but not strangers. Though, I think that would be in place whether I was pregnant or not. Ha.

At this point I have made the decision to list anything and everything I could possibly need for the baby on our registries, regardless of price. We have had to spend alooooot of money (and still counting...) on this basement issue with no guarantee that we will be repaid by whichever party is found to be at fault. So, hopefully by listing  a ton of stuff the really important items can be taken care of. I hope that doesn't make me sound selfish or entitled, but if it does...too bad.

Oh, and I'm back to my  prenatal vitamins! They no longer make me sick.

Weekly photo:




How far along: 19 weeks
Trimester: Second
Total weight gain/loss: Still down ten pounds.
Maternity clothes: Actually, mom bought me some maternity clothes last week!
Sleep: Not terrible.
Stretch marks: Yup.
Best moment of the week: Sigh. It's been such an exhausting week already, but the best moments are when the baby moves and reminds me that he or she is there and that we have a ton to look forward to.
Miss anything: Living in my own house.
Movement: So much movement!
Food Cravings: Still having them, but right now I just can't remember what this week's cravings were. Except rolls from O'Charley's.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Stress is bringing back the nausea, actually.
Other symptoms: Back pain after doing something strenuous...like shop vacuuming sewage water from our basement floor.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Won't know til delivery.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out: In, but it's stretching. So weird.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Moody or not moody?: Not moody. Just rightfully upset about the basement and money.  
Looking forward to: Having the plumbing fixed for good and being able to move back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment