Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Heartbeats and private parts

Sorry for being a few days behind with this week's post. We have had a lot going on lately, most notably dealing with a home loan and closing dates with Wells Fargo. I'm not even going to get into it, but prayers would be appreciated. Also, as I type this, Taylor is currently in surgery. He is having his right ACL replaced/reconstructed. Poor guy....so again, we'd appreciate prayers.

Anyway, Monday I had my third prenatal appointment. My regular OB, Dr. Nix, actually started her own maternity leave early so I got to see a MALE doctor. Cue the gasping. Call me weird or superficial, but I've always maintained a strict no-male-doctors policy. Some women don't care who they see. I care. I want a female OB only. No mid wives, no male doctors, no PA's, no nurse practitioners. (Though I've been told I will change my mind when it's time for labor and delivery...and that's probably correct.) But that all changed on Friday when I got a call from Roswell OB/GYN informing me that Dr. Nix had her baby early so I could either see a male OB or a mid wife on Monday. I definitely did not want to see a mid wife. No offense to them and all they do, it's just not for me. Luckily this appointment didn't even require a pelvic exam, so it was just fine. Yes, I survived. We just discussed my medications (still on the Zofran and Promethazine...but NO MORE progesterone!) and symptoms, which are all normal, and they let us hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was a neat sound...they did not tell us the BPM which is okay with me since I know some people base that on what gender the baby is.

That brings me to another topic: private parts...or, finding out the baby's gender. We have absolutely zero desire to know his or her gender before birth. A lot of people I've talked to find this hard to understand. Others (surprisingly) get annoyed because they won't know what to bring to a baby shower. I promise you, there will be plenty of items to choose from once we register. Also, you can NEVER go wrong with something containing a giraffe or giraffe pattern or print. Just throwing that out there.

And for those who don't know, we will have a giraffe themed nursery! So if you see ANYTHING baby related with giraffes, holler at me! I find myself on Etsy and babybedding.com a lot lately, getting ideas.
See the pattern I'm attached to right now:


**Side note 7/19/12: I just ordered my first baby related item! A Vera Bradley diaper bag....pattern is Symphony in Hue, my favorite! I already have a purse, wallet, duffel bag and travel kit in that pattern. Plus, I figured it'd be a perfect gender-neutral print. Here's a picture!

I just love it!!



Okay, weekly photo: (And yes, I have decided to post them on Facebook weekly. Guilty as charged, I am turning into one of those people I hate. Haha.)



How far along: 13 weeks
Trimester: Second
Total weight gain/loss: Down nine pounds. No concern from the doctor.
Maternity clothes: Not yet, though my wardrobe is very limited right now.
Sleep: No problems there. I have to learn to not sleep on my back anymore though.
Stretch marks: Nothing new, though my hips are widening. 
Best moment of the week: Listening to baby Bear's heartbeat.
Miss anything: Not this week.
Movement: I haven't noticed anything yet.
Food Cravings: Yeah, I get some. A lot. I just don't always indulge because there are SO MANY. Usually I crave spring rolls the most.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, still feel nauseous most of the time unless I've taken Zofran. 
Other symptoms: Headaches, dizziness and low back pain. But these are normal symptoms.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Won't know til delivery.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out: In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Moody or not moody?: I think the moodiness is finally starting to disappear.  
Looking forward to: 1.) Finally nailing down a closing date for our loan. 2.) I get another ultrasound in three weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment