Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chalkboard!

Yessss we finally bought a chalkboard! I know it's not the most original idea, but I think it's cute. At first Taylor didn't understand how I was going to utilize it but now he loves it! Also, I am not artistic in any way, so each week will be pretty simple. Sorry for that.

July 4 was Taylor's birthday so we headed down to Locust Grove to his mom's house - everyone was going to come over for a pool day and then his birthday dinner. We went down early on Tuesday night. I was so anxious to tell his mom, Jody, that as soon as we got there I handed her the gift we made. Didn't even sit down first. Of course, in true Sally fashion, I forgot to take a photo of it so you'll have to use your imagination. I thought Jody was going to start crying when she looked at the frame. Luckily she never suspected a thing. Matt & Catherine got there a few hours later. While we were preparing dinner Taylor asked me to show Catherine the onesie we got Jo & Kim. She started screaming and was so excited! Lots of hugs all around that night.
Since they were the last to know I went ahead and posted something on Facebook. I know, I know...earlier I said I couldn't stand women who posted every detail about their pregnancy on  Facebook...and don't worry, that still remains true. But I did want to share our news with all of our friends without being overbearing about it. So, don't expect a ton of Facebook activity from me - that's what this blog is for!

I can safely report that I think I'm pretty much over the throw up stage, though I definitely still feel nauseous a lot of the time. Okay, pretty much all the time. There are some days I can control those symptoms by eating regularly every 2-3 hours, but there are other days where even Zofran doesn't help and I have to more or less suffer through. I am experiencing a new set of symptoms: dizziness and headaches. Tylenol definitely helps the headaches, but I discovered that if I take progesterone and Tylenol at the same time it causes extreme dizziness. Won't be doing that again! The dizziness normally happens on it's own when I change positions, like from sitting to standing, laying to sitting, etc. Not much I can do about that but everything I've read says these are perfectly normal symptoms.

We're not going to hang the board until we move into our new house!
I'm pretty proud of this though.


How far along: 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I weighed myself at the office last week and I'm down 8 pounds.
Maternity clothes: No, but we did go out and buy some great lounging-around-the-house clothes for me!
Sleep: I sleep so much and feel like I still don't get enough.
Stretch marks: Possibly one or two on my bum. 
Best moment of the week: Shopping with my hubs yesterday. It was so great!
Miss anything: I do miss having sashimi at sushi restaurants.
Movement: Still too soon, I think.
Food Cravings: I actually am having more and more cravings. Right now I am craving a house salad from Carrabba's. That dressing is SO GOOD.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat. And the thought of meat. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, but you can't tell when I wear my scrubs.
Gender: Won't know til delivery.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out: In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Moody or not moody?: Moody for sure.  
Looking forward to: Our next appointment on 7/16!

No comments:

Post a Comment