Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nursery - for plants or babies?

I don't know why but I find the word "nursery" to be annoying when describing a baby's room. Maybe its because my dad is a lawn guy so growing up the word nursery meant "place where plants are available for purchase" to me. Or, maybe because the word "nursery" sounds so dated. I don't know. Regardless, the point of this post is to give an update on the state of the baby's room. 
On Sunday night we assembled the changer/dresser. It was much easier and faster than the crib and no one had to throw any bags of screws this time. However, I did fall out of my little folding Ikea chair when the cat knocked over one of the sides. Funny? No. A little. The only piece of furniture left is the bookcase. Hopefully that one will also be a breeze.


Husband doing husbandly things.

Last night we went to Hobby Lobby to look around and to get decor ideas. We're definitely going to buy and paint large wooden letters for a monogram to go over the crib. I also found two giraffe print baskets for extra storage to go on one of the shelves of the bookcase. I don't want to go decor-heavy just yet. I want to put up and organize what we have so far and then decide if it needs more. Right now everything is sitting in the closet of the baby's room.
On Cyber Monday I ordered the mattress and baby mobile from Target. Unfortunately, there were no real deals on those two items so I didn't save any money - not even on shipping. But I did get to use all of my gift cards toward the purchase and only came out of pocket $8! They should be here in a week! I also ordered the crib bumpers and skirt. We decided to forego the comforter and crib sheet since they were (in my opinion) grotesquely overpriced. I saved about $60 thanks to www.babybedding.com's 15% off + free shipping deal. So exciting! Now we have to pick out a large giraffe print rug, rocking chair, and order the canvas-print photograph. That will come a little later though. (Side note: I found an AWESOME digital image of giraffes at sunset on Etsy. I plan on paying the $4 for it and printing it out for framing to go on one of the walls - it's so awesome.)
The essentials we still need are the car seat (currently out of stock at Babies-R-Us, so gotta wait til it comes back in so I can use my gift card toward it), a swing/bouncer (the one I registered for at Target is a swing/bouncer combo and matches the Pack N' Play), diaper genie, receiving blankets, diapers, wipes, baby grooming/first aid kit, and more newborn baby clothes. Taylor and I also want to pick out a boy's outfit and girl's outfit to pack in my hospital bag so baby will have something cute to wear on the way home. Whew. Eight weeks left to get it all. I'll definitely be bargain shopping, couponing, and requesting gift cards if anyone wants to know what to get us for Christmas.

Next week I go back to my OB's office. The week after that it's back to the perinatologist's office. Still taking Glyburide two times per day and checking glucose levels four times per day. Gotta be careful about the blood glucose drop - it's happened two more times since last Wednesday. 

I found an awesome sweater dress to wear for maternity photos next weekend. We will be going to a Christmas tree farm! If you have Facebook, check out Pics By The Moon. They do a fantastic job and are so fun to work with!

Weekly photo:



How far along: 32 weeks
Trimester: Third
Pre-pregnancy weight: 141 pounds
Current weight: 139 pounds according to the scale at work.
Maternity clothes: Yes
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Best moment of the week: The long holiday break and getting to order more baby stuff.
Movement: Yes - lots of hiccups!
Food Cravings: Regular Coke, peanut butter cookies. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing in particular, I just get bouts of nausea every few days.
Miss anything? Not really.
Other symptoms: Heartburn if I don't take Prevacid at the same time every day, fatigue, irritability, hungry every 2-3 hours, and really thirsty all the time.  
Have you started to show yet? Yes.
Sex: It will be a surprise.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out? Outie. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Moody or not moody? Moody. 
Looking forward to: Making the baby's room look more complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment