Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hospital time

Friday was my last day of work for the next six weeks. Took a photo to show you how I've had to sit since my ankles started swelling.



Today's the day. We got the call to check into Northside at 4:30 this afternoon. Our hospital bags are packed and ready to go. I hope they'll give me something to reduce my anxiety - can't wait to see what my blood pressure reading is! Tonight it's just Cervidil placement to soften my cervix...and I'll get an Ambien to help me sleep. Tomorrow morning I'll get Pitocin to begin labor. Hopefully by this time tomorrow baby bear will be here! I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes! It truly means a lot.

Friday night we did not go to Scalini's. It was rainy and dark and we didn't feel like making the drive all the way into Smyrna. However, we did go to Provino's after discovering they are owned by the same people that own Scalini's AND they use the same eggplant parmesan recipe. Plus, it was less than a mile from the house. Win-win! It was SO GOOD!  I would definitely order that dish again, pregnant or not. It did not send me into labor, though. Still a fun date night experience.

Yesterday my mom took me out to breakfast and to Target for last-minute things. I got to indulge my craving for a biscuit from The Spot with butter and grape jelly! I also got my hair highlighted and trimmed. We cleaned the house again...you know, nesting. And finally, my dad took us to dinner at Macaroni Grill and then we had ice cream from Cold Stone. All in all a very good weekend.

My dad gave me two more charms for my Brighton bracelet. One is a baby carriage and the other is baby bear's birth stone - a garnet!


The nursery is complete, minus the giraffe canvas image and our project from Hobby Lobby. I won't post any photos until those are up, but I am really proud of everything we've done!

I am really going to miss Heyward while we're in the hospital. He's been such a sweet snuggler lately and he knows since the bags are packed it means something is about to happen.


He wants to remind us to take him with us! Such a sweetie!!

I'll leave you with our final pregnancy chalkboard photo. (Today is the first playoff game for the Falcons, so we had to add a little something to commemorate that.)



How far along: 39 weeks
Trimester: Third
Pre-pregnancy weight: 141 pounds
Current weight: 148 pounds (Not sure how much I've gained since Monday, so I'm leaving it the same for now.)
Maternity clothes: This will be my last day wearing them.
Stretch marks: Just the one on my hip and the few small ones around my belly button.
Best moment of the week: This whole weekend was pretty great.
Movement: Still pretty active!
Food Cravings: #1 from Rhea's with a side of fries. And THAT is what we're going to get on the way to the hospital!  
Anything making you queasy or sick? No. Unless you count anxiety. 
Miss anything? No.
Other symptoms: Just the usual heartburn, back and hip pain, frequent bathroom trips, and ankle swelling.  
Have you started to show yet? Yes.
Sex: We will find out tomorrow!
Labor Signs: Nothing overly obvious to me. 
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Moody or not moody? Emotional.
Looking forward to: Meeting the baby tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Sally! Can't wait to see pictures and find out if baby bear is a he or she!

    ReplyDelete