Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Giraffes everywhere!

Well, we decided on a nursery color. I had been holding out for a nice light shade of teal while Taylor wanted a sage green. I gave in. Sage green it is! We have also pretty much settled on a nursery furniture set. It's adorable, affordable, and the crib is a 4-in-1 so it can be used beyond baby years. I won't post a photo until it's all ordered and a done deal, but it is dark wood. The only big piece I have left to choose is a rocking chair.
I have also finally chosen an affordable photograph to use in baby's room for artwork. See the photo to the left? (On my background.) THAT will be the photo! I'm so excited to have found an already framed, affordable print of it. Gotta ask the person doing it if he can frame a second different giraffe photograph to compliment it.
Over the weekend I ordered fabric swatches so I can finally a.) design and place our custom baby bedding order (www.babybedding.com) and b.) so I can register for crib sheets which will match our colors. Can't wait to get those in!
Monday my co-worker brought me the cutest giraffe bib!


And today I received the items from my first Zulily order. 


Nothing noteworthy to report except that I started drinking Ensure. I chose butter pecan flavor, which isn't terrible. Luckily they're pretty small shakes. And they're expensive! Almost $12 for six shakes. We'll see what happens with that.

Our housewarming party is this weekend! We have worked hard to add a lot of personal touches to make our house feel like a home. We never really had the desire to do that while we were renters, but now that we have a space we can call our own it's really nice to be able to put some time and effort into it. The biggest project, by far, is the yard. At this point it will be nothing but damage control, i.e. lots of roundup, rock/pinestraw removal, aeration, and seeding. Oh, and stump removal. It's nothing but a big pile of...jungle. Lol.

Ahhhh and I tried out a pregnancy pillow. Love it! I'm going to have to buy one of my own for sure. It really helped my back pain and helped me stay asleep longer. 

Mom and I picked out a baby shower invitation. You won't get a sneak peak until much later, but the colors are green and tan and here's a photo of the custom stamps we also ordered:



Weekly photo:



How far along: 22 weeks
Trimester: Second
Total weight gain/loss: Still down ten pounds as far as I know.
Maternity clothes: Yes.
Sleep: Wonderful with a pregnancy pillow.
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Best moment of the week: Settling on more ideas for the nursery! And planning for the shower.
Movement: Constant!
Food Cravings: Anything cheesy. And cheesecake.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Still the smell of bathrooms. Ugh.
Miss anything? No.
Other symptoms: Heartburn is back. I'm not taking Zantac right now since I overdid it a couple of weeks ago. Gotta stick with Prevacid and whole milk.
Have you started to show yet? Yes.
Sex: Won't know til delivery. SO STOP ASKING.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly button in or out? In, and all stretched out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Moody or not moody? Both. Lol.  
Looking forward to: Our party on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment